Senior Design Engineer
- Design new firearm products from concept to production.
- Create innovative design solutions.
- Make design models in 3D CAD.
- Make design drawings, supervise drafting activities, review, and approve engineering drawings.
- Coordinate prototype build, test, and evaluation.
- Work with sourcing to select manufacturing technologies and vendors.
- Identify Quality Assurance requirements.
- Evaluate, validate, and approve the design and drawing for new products and/or modifications/enhancements to existing products. Design features and functions for the products.
- Execute value engineering projects.
- Make improvements to existing products.
- Specify materials, dimensions, and tolerances, inspection standards, etc. for the components and parts.
- Investigate and solve problems in cooperation with Quality and Operations departments.
- Make decisions on the disposition of nonconforming material.
- Develop and implement detailed work plans for product development and research to fulfill company requirements.
- Provide regular reports on project status and progress.
- Support in developing presentations for new ideas and innovative designs and conducts as required.
- Provide assistance in managing the release of all technical documentation including drawings, design failure mode effects and analysis (DFMEA) and design validation and reporting (DVP&R).
- Work towards ensuring that the document release is according to international standards as established by the organization.
- Develop drawings mark-up and stack analysis, GD&T, and component drawings.
- Maintain records and reports to the Project Manager and other departments for updates, review, and feedback for all outputs and delivery time schedules.
- Analyze market place requests, customer requirements, etc.
- Analyze company ability and desire to meet requirements and/or requests and make appropriate recommendations to management personnel.
- Maintain a working liaison with other departments and engineering sections. Provide support for sales personnel to contribute technical assistance to customers.
- Assist QA personnel to provide technical support for vendors, develop inspections for parts, and/or to qualify vendors.
- Work with other engineering units to resolve problems, develop processes, etc.
- Maintain high safety standards for safe operation and product designs.
- Keep abreast of developments in the market. Review competitor’s designs and products.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical /Production, Bachelor preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in R&D, in which 2+ years in executing defense-related projects
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5M and GD&T principles
- MRB experience a plus Technical & Proposal Writing Skills
- Experience in Solid Works/Solid Edge
Job Category: Customer Support
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sharjah